Friday, April 15, 2011

“My Core’dinations Creative Frenzy”

Here are some fun ways to use cardstock from Coredinations.
First up is this layout I created using a piece of cardstock. I 'moulded' it to shape like a frame. Yes......... WATER + paper is so much fun! I soaked the entire cardstock in water and then dry it a bit. While it is damp, I put a acrylic block 5x7' and mould it around this block, to form the frame. Next I ink it, distress the edges, splatter some paints and glitter. This is a FUNNNNNN........ FUN technique. Try it!
I created a card with this embossed cardstock.
A fun way to play with it is sanding. But I want to share another way: the breaking down of the layers of fibers of the cardstock. First, wet the tip of the paper. Slowly separate the layers of fibers. I called this "paper wetting techniques" I taught this in my classes many times and people are always amazed!!! You will be able to peel off a bit.... leave it there to show the contrast of shades (pink in this card) Have fun! Paper + water may not be a disaster after all
A layout using the beautiful butterfly embossed cardstock. Sanding it is so much fun!
Ok, I hope you had fun with these fun tips.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the frame idea! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Love, love your techniques, Wendy! Such beautiful projects!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

This is so beautiful. AWESOME WORK! Well done. Love your details and the awesome pics.

Pearl said...

all the best on this DT call !!! ;)