Monday, January 16, 2012

CSI case file 2

Hello friends, last Sat was our 2nd reveal. we are super excited to see so many participants for Case File 1. The first launch was a blast!!! So many awesome layouts to look at.... so many new techniques to learn! Join us HERE.
I want to see you jumping in with the colors, prompt inspiration. It will be awesome! Dusty Attic is our sponsor this month and you can win some goodies too! Meanwhile here a breakdown of my layout: 1) Technique: I use moulding paste with my brick mask and create a subtle background. 2) Then I mist over to give it some glimmer and rub some distress ink to give a higher contrasts 3) To work witht the Colors given, i took out my paints - painted the DA CHIPBOARD with raspberry paint... yums... going into my fave color for 2012. 4) I stick with a flower cluster but move it vertical so as to give it some height 5) Journaling is hidden in a transparent Prima packaging behind the photo. I love such hidden elements so your eye moves around the page and 'search' for some surprises. I hope you like it. Hop over to CSI site now Lastly I want to wave "hello' to new blog followers. Drop me a note.. I like to say Hi to you. *smiley*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the photo and all the textures you chose! Awesome job!

Audrey Pettit said...

Really gorgeous page, Wendy! I love the brickwork in the background with the molding paste, and love that DA chipboard piece. Beautiful flowers and misting, too. Always love your work~