Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Projects for YSS

What inspires you? For me, it has to be words. I am inspired by words which I want to journal down. Stories which I want to tell. Funny things my kids say... or even things in my heart/mind which are unspoken. I have been following Creative Therapy for 2 months... I think.... And I am always inspired by the prompt. So, I did 1 this week for Creative Therapy Catalyst #104 "What advice do you have for other couples?" So appropriate cos one beautiful couple will be tying the knot this saturday and I decided to make them this card and also my words inserted inside the gaps of the layers. The cover: See this page: Advice to the husband "Love your wife"...... LOL Actually it is from a Bible Text in Ephesians where Paul exhorts the husband to love the wife as Christ love the church.
And this... all wives will shudder a little. Just like me
But I still believe in Biblically teachings "Wife, submit to your husband."
I believe in this God given order for the family. So that there be bliss and harmony. Here I will journal more of my thoughts and experiences.
Sharing my 13 years of marriage.
Another piece of advice: TAKE TIME... so important to take time to play, to date each other, have fun!
A marriage is just like a garden which requires our time and effort if we want to see it bloom and grow.
Behind this punchout area, I will insert a tag for the wife.
And finally, i use my Graphic 45 goodies on this altered canvas.
It measures 25cm by 50cm.
My present for this great couple.
Wishing all joy and bliss in this happy journey together!!! All products can be found at YSS.
And remember, 20% off at YSS this March, including sale items.
Join me at YSS blog this week as I will be blog hostess!!!

6 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

You know it's just such a wonderful project, you really really know how to use G45 papers well!!! fantastic!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, SO beautiful, Wendy, both your projects and your sentiments. You gave me chills, girl!

Pearl said...

what a beautfiul accordion project this turned out Wendy ! a perfect gift for this newly weds !!

my paper love studio said...

wow.. wow... speechless **wink**

Tomoko said...

Beautiful, Wendy!!! Your works are all beautiful!!!!! Must drop by again:)

hugs,
Tomoko

Stacy Cohen said...

Beautiful work, Wendy! I especially love the canvas!!