Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Favorite of 2010 - Part 1

A year has passed.... memories edged in our hearts........ beautiful moments captured! This has been a great year! I am thankful for the journey...... the new experiences...... new skills picked up(photoshop, lol)..... I am learning to be confident in my style of scrapping.... Textures, layering, distressing.... colors.... There is a sense of romanticism mixed with whimiscal softness to most of my layouts! Ok, so what style do you call mine? LOL Here's a review of some of my favorite works for 2010: Beam : New Technique I learnt.... gesso a plain CS and then play with diluted paints to create your own background. Sweetheart: I love the bright vibrant colors on this page Bond: My signature style of textures, layering and distressing! All so me! Look up: A new way of playing with die cut paper. Tilt it for a change! How fun! Favorite things: Colors, colors and spray inks!!! All up my alley! Tag: a fun way to create a cute border. Dressform: I love the bodice MOST. Creating with Websters Ruffle Trim. So Hollywood, so glam! I like Ok, that's all for now! It is hard picking my favorites! I realise telling the STORY is important for me! The journaling, the photo... scrapping is NOT about major 'decoration' only! It is about capturing the stories for my family!
Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

5 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Happy, happy New Year to you, my sweet friend! Hoping 2011 brings you much happiness!
Thanks so much for sharing so many beautiful pages, stories, and techniques with us throughout the year. You have such an amazing style. I think I would call it Romantic Shabby Chic. But whatever you call it, you are fabulous!

Pearl said...

Happy spanking New Year , Wendy !!!

Fabulous faves you've chosen - fantastic with the WP , as always !

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Wendy! Thank you for the inspiration!

Staci Taylor said...

Aaah, I adore these, wendy! you are so talented, my friend! happy new year!!

Trudi Harrison said...

Gosh Wendy all your favourites are AMAZING but then everything you do is!