Friday, July 1, 2011

Glitz love

A long time wish to take part in some challenges online but never found the time to do so.
This week, I decide to dive into a manufacturer challenge this time.
Glitz design... they have a cool monthly challenge and this time A SKETCH
I love sketches because there are so many ways to interpret it and put my own touches to the sketch. I had this in mind... I want to do some pleating and ruffles with the circular sketch.
How I did up this layout?
1. I use a border punch and ruffles up some pleats for the circle
2. Next I whipped up my sewing machine and sew them the circle I cut
3. Next embelish to my delight... flowers... punched out butterflies... blings
I had this color theme in mind too.
Bright yellows with reds and moderate black.
Hope you like it!
And dont forget the SALE here. Iam selling some flowers.

7 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

This is really really awesome Wendy!! wow!

Lea L. said...

This is a gorgeous layout, Wendy!! I love the bright and bold colors you used...and you mixed the Glitz papers fabulously!! The flowers are a perfect touch as well!! Thanks for playing in the "Get Your Glitz On" sketch challenge!!

Carin McDonough said...

Gorgeous layout, I just adore the unusual colour combination, it just works together so perfectly! :)

Pearl said...

Beautiful take on a great sketch ! Wishing u thebest for the contest ! ';)

Audrey Yeager said...

This is so gorgeous!! I LOVE the colors and your pleated punched strips...beautiful! Thanks for joining the Glitz monthly challenge!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a beautiful layout, Wendy! Love, love your take on that sketch. This color combo is stunning. Really pops on the page. Beautiful flowers and butterflies. I like the string/rope swirl you used, too. :)

Debbi Tehrani said...

Wendy, this is fabulous! Congrats on being featured. Your page is just beautiful. Loving the colors!