Friday, July 23, 2010

Rak Winner and some new projects

The RAK winner is ...............................
Ailei Adeline.
Here are some recent projects I did using Websters Pages. I wanted to try something different with this die cut which I have been hoarding. Do you hoard stuff? hee..hee... "Look up" ... i love this photo of my girl beaming... looking up... totally optimistic! That row of bloomers was hard to part with........ seriously I relented when I saw that WP will be releasing more in other colors. I just need to hoard these bloomers! LOL "ONE"........... oh.. this cute face is my latest obsession... she is my niece.... my sister gave birth to this cutie one month ago.... now ANGEL face is finally awake more often. She is the object of our ga-ga... goo..goo in this household. Since I wont be having more kids, having her will be soooooooo princessy fun! I played with the Maya Road envelope again... can't get enough. Of course I had to dab some white paint for that vintage look. Now to the new CHA stuff: What are you excited about? This year 2 brands got into my top 3 list: In no particular order, these 3 lines will be getting the most of my scrappy budget. 1) Websters Pages....... of course.... I am in love all the new papers, whimises.... trims and netting... what can you say? They up their bar so high this time. 2) Glitz Designs..... seriously this was not on my radar..... but look at their new modern vintage prints and books... oh... I am seriously in love. At least some excitement here. I am voting for Scarlett and Love Nest. 3) Pink Paislee....... their partnership with House of 3 pays off.......... they capture the old, elegance of Paris theme papers well. Just look at the endless possibilities of altering the papers to your liking. I like such idea... to create your own unique colors. So cool! Setting the tone for this over saturated mass production industry! I was hugely disappointed with one big manufacturer.......... they did so many collections of gorgeous pp last CHA ..... shabby chic...... watercolors....... and now they went into the overly sweet sugar overload and cutsy stuff........ sigh!!! Well, I guess everyone has their favorite but I just wished manu were a bit more consistent.. not swinging to the extreme....... So, what's your fave? Share with me! As a scrapbook instructor, I am always listening to what others like....... what captures their attention. But you will still see my shabby chic vintage touches in my classes! I can't wait for the new arrivals. Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The "Look Up" layout is totally cool! I love how you sliced the paper - very unique! Cool photo too!

Pearl said...

oh my ! your new niece looks very adorable !! More use for WP's Lullaby Lane then!

I am surprised you don't like even like one of the Crate paper lines - but maybe I might change my mind when I see them in person ...

WP & House of 3's Parisian Anthology should have the most of my scrappy dollars for now...

BabyBokChoy said...

That first layout is very unique in design, quite nice!!! And I'm DYING for Glitz design, can't wait to get those lines!

Keri said...

Awesome design with that hoarded WP diecut, Wendy! :)

I agree with your picks too...I will definitely be getting the WP bloomers, the Parisian Anthology, and the Glitz blew my mind this time too! :) I'm also looking forward to some vintage Tim Holtz accents and more tissue tape, and the MME Lost and Found!

Yvonne Low said...

Hey Wendy..

I am so in love with all your LO.. always so pretty! I can't wait to attend more workshops by you! :) Love your style!

I've got you linked on my blog too!

love,
Yvonne

Audrey Pettit said...

I love watching you work the Webster's Wendy! You do such beautiful things with their gorgeous goodies mixed with your classic, vintage style. These pages are just precious.
I need to go check out the new PP stuff you're talking about. I haven't been paying that close attention, actually. Just can't wait to get my hands on the new WP stuff. ;)

Stucco Contractors Ann Arbor said...

Thankss great blog post