Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Once a upon a sketch

Do you like sketches? I love them for its endless possibilities. There is always something fun with different personalities and their interpretation. I love the variety on this sketch site.
Once upon a sketch ... check them out every 1st and 15th of the month.
Really cool inspiration. HERE
Anyway, this month sketch is really straight forward but I love to add some layers to make it MINE! LOL
let me share with you some techniques or my fave touches:
1. See this yellow frame... a TA chipboard. I rub some Distress Stain on it, rub some gesso and then add some Mica Flakes for added textures 2. I hand cut many many motifs from this set of Websters Pages. It's been a long while since I played with WP 3. On the background cardstock, I spray two different colours. Then I stamped with a script stamp. Hmm... or was it the other way ? Stamp or mist first? LOL 4. I stuck some cut outs on pop up glue dots to give it dimension. Hope you find this fun and inspirational.

6 comments:

Jasmine S said...

This looks beautiful Wendy. I love your colors, the photo is gorgeous and the little skirts pegged look very cute.

Natalie said...

Gorgeous page
Thanks for playing along at OUAS
xxx

sandi said...

Wow! What a gorgeous page! Love the colors and lovely mix! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

Trudi Harrison said...

Ooo La La Wendy!! The colours are divine together - gorgeous page! Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

Audrey Pettit said...

So, so beautiful, Wendy! I do so love it when you work the Websters!

Bente Fagerberg said...

Hi Wendy, I have had a lot of PC problems so I have not gotten round to visit all the lovely entries at OUAS yet.
I love yours though. It is beautiful and I love the little quirky elements that make it YOURS. Thanks for playing along and sharing your inspiration with us!!!