Hi friends, do you like books? I love them a lot. I love the antiques ones too, with its aged book pages... there is a smell of history... a wisp of time... yep.. anything vintages calls out to me. Glitz designs has this amazing challenge now to use book pages... dictionary pages.. old pages.. but you know what.. they have this product call "book layers" which looks exactly like an old book page. Look no farther.. Glitz has them all.
Here's what I created using one of Glitz book layers... a party bag. Yes.. my daughter has forever on-going birthday party invites and she needs these pretty bags to put her presents for her friends. I altered an all white party bag... volia.. you get this!!! Fun and totally easy to make.
1) I took a yellow and green spray inks and drip it over the white bag.
Some landed on the book page.. it's ok. I want that random look
2) I cut some banners out of scraps pieces of Glitz papers
3) oh.. that balloon idea came from that book page itself.
Next up, is a layout inspired by the book page itself. Word search. I found a book layer (by Glitz) that has this cute word search... and I am so overjoyed cos it is the perfect element for the story I want to tell. My girl is into word search these days. What a perfect way to tell the story!
1) I got my girl to do the word search.. give it an authentic feel
2) I cut part of the book layer to get the title "word search".. perfect title. No need for alphas
3) I drip some white paints on th blue background paper.. love the random feel
Finally, a altered box.This brown box contains pineapples tarts from Taiwan. A gift from a friend. I found a way to re-purpose this box. Added some Glitz papers and what'snot to it. Dress it up my style. So much fun!
1) I dry brush some white paint over the box to give it that vintage book
2) Covered the box with Glitz papers and layered with more papers and embellishments
3) I added a Tim Holtz Metal keyhole and key to give it a 'treasure' box look