Friday, October 16, 2009

OLW - Gratitude

Word up at OLW - Gratitude. This word has huge meaning for me. Mostly important, i want to document who taught me this value. Gratitude Journaling: I will always remember the Chinese proverbs "Yin Shui Shi Yuan" (I can't type out the chinese font here). Grandmom taught me about gratitude through this very impartful phrase. It means whenever you drink water, you must remember the source(spring). This teaching and value stayed with me thru life. I learnt to appreciate the ones who has blessed my life. I've learnt to give back to others, those who are in need. I've learnt to say thank you. I've learnt to always let gratitude fill my heart, whenever things dont turn out as I want. And when I looked at my life now, I am grateful for 2nd chances, grateful for those who encouraged me, those who saw potential in me. I remembered the soulful voice of grandmom, her deep winkles yet a face full of grace and love. She may not have the best of life but she learnt to be grateful. This value will stay with me & I will impact it to my children. All using Webster Pages "Nature's storybook", provided by YSS. I cut the tree and well from a sheet of PP "Wishes Come True"(Webster Pages). I use the tree as a mask first by spraying some glimmer mist. I like having the well there... cos it ties in with my story (remember the water source)... hee..hee...

13 comments:

Ruth Philps said...

beautifully made and a wonderful story too Wendy...God Bless Grandmothers we all need them!!

Pearl said...

you are at your best with layouts like this,I think ,Wendy !!

deep journaling & wonderful technique with the tree sticker as a mask !!!so inventive! awesome !

Lynn said...

wow! Love it!

DeeDee said...

Such heartfelt and inspiring journaling. Remember the source. I shall meditate on that.

Staci Taylor said...

wow, this is gooorgeous! that tree is amazing! great journaling too!

Blue Banana said...

Ooooo i love your misting colours! Totally love your style ... so inspiring! :)

BabyBokChoy said...

Let's see if this works:

饮水思源

Totally awesome sentiments Wendy and at first I was struck with the misting/stamping, totally awesome, but then I was much drawn to the journaling and nothing else mattered, I think the story will stick with me long after the misting craze dies down, thank you for sharing.

Denise said...

love the story behind this and the wisdom of your grandmother!

gudrun said...

This LO is SO beautiful!! Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

this is really lovely Wendy - love the well!

Erika said...

love it! wonderful technique and wonderful story!!!

kisses!

www.arteslaura.es.tl

Sasha Farina said...

oh the page is gorgeous Wendy! beautiful story to go with it too.

Stacy Cohen said...

Wow! This is amazing in every way, Wendy!!!!