Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Webster Pages at YSS

This week has been a tiring week. Kiddo was sick for days... high fever and grouchy. So is the mommy! Lack of sleep cos she wakes up every other hour and we got to check temperature. In the day, she is not cooperative. Does not want to take medicine, does not want to eat... I am really tired. But a few things perk me up: 1) 2 boxes came in - 1 from YSS.... gosh.... my hubby thought I am gonna open up a scrapbooking store in my little house. hahaha... that's the tonne of things Erica sent me. I am happy to see all of my fav stuff in that box. 2) This other box, no... I can't tell you yet till the reveal date. This box made me sing, clap and dance. The kids thought I went mad, without sleep for the last few days. LOL! And some moments of peace were helped by this set of stamps. Sassfrass... I dont usually buy cutesy stamps..... I want it for my kids' project. And she was so happy! And of course the little one was happy to be stamping away. Worth the money! From YSS... on sale now! Go grab 1 set!
Sorry for the lighting... she is most proud of her concept. She designed it and mommy here just supervised her stamping. This is part of a recycling project for school. So, to keep me sane and I told you scrapping is cheaper than therapy. I had to dig into the YSS box with these Websters! 2 pages which I created in double quick time, in between her naps and TV programs. I just had to do something for me! I am officially in love with these Webster "Nature Storybook"... honestly when it was launch, I prefer "Postcards from Paris' but now having worked with it, I can't get enough. I am loving the greens and blues. Just has a calming effect on me! LO 1: Look & Find Details: I stamped on sticky back canvas........ brushed some pearl ex on it. Love the effect. I emboss the alphas with Distress powders (Shabby Shutters and Walnut)... nice browns and greens. I tied some twine here and that. I can't use lace, right? These words stickers from 7G were my long time favorites. Dig out those old stash and start using them. LO 2: Time with Daddy
I love the effect of crumpling the vellum. Someone asked me before.. "how do you use this piece of Vellum"...... Use it as a whole piece for background. Against the cream CS, it looks nice. Or you can cut up the motifs. I will show you using another one next week.
And this picture of my little one with Daddy is precious. They went feeding fish at Botanic Gardens. So nice! Dont you think it kinda of cute her little pink hat stands out against the greens and yellows in this page!
Details: I love details!
Cut out the frame and clock from the WP papers. Then I added my title (stamping on twill ribbon). Added some Tim Holtz Rock Candy Crackle Paint over the clock.
The tag hides my journaling. And I added a little photo of her holding Daddy's hands. HOw precious and sweet!
So, finally I veered away from my usual girly shabby chic style. I attempted more masculine colours and LO and I am loving it. No lace.... (check)... no flowers (check)... no girly frills/tulle(check)! Yay!
Thanks for staying on for this LONG post! Thanks for listening to my rumbling. Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

What lovely recycle projects for school!! :) You know, come to think of it, SURELY my DD need to make some stuff for school TOO, SURELY, she NEES those Sass stamps, otherwise, the projects just won't be complete!! I think this self-sacrificing mother might JUST have to get the set of stamps and SHARE with her, LOL!!!

Love the details on your webster pages layouts :)

Tara Powell said...

Wow, what a great school project!
She really did an awesome job
I love your layouts, awesome detail!
:)
Tara

Stacy Cohen said...

I always say "it's cheaper than therapy" too!Fabulous projects and great details, Wendy!! And I love the school project. So cute!

Pearl said...

oh my ! that is a very pretty scene your girl's created ! ( & i see the monarch butterflies come out to play ! lol )

wonderful work with these WP Nature's Storybook pps, Wendy ! that sounds like Christmas over there with the arrival of your boxes !!! lucky you !

Hope all have recovered by this week !

DeeDee said...

Oooh the twine, the crumpled vellum: your tiny details are so worth the effort. Beautifully done. I hope and pray your family avoids more sickness.

CK Chai said...

lovely projects & LOs and so cool of the crumpling vellum pp.

Jeni Boisvert said...

Awesome Projects, love your Blog!