Monday, October 18, 2010

Celebrate with Pencil Lines

Pencil Lines is celebrating their 4th birthday. This is a great feat for any challenge site. I want to extend my congratulations to Anna and her team. What fabulous inspiration every week!!! On Sunday, they reveal a DT and their choice of sketch every hour. I have to say i was stalking their blog. Such gorgeous inspiration. I want to jump in and do some serious scrapping this week. These are 2 i did..... all with 2 hours. Why I love sketches: 1) They do most of the work for me. 70% done.. I just add 10% colors (choice of pp), 10% embellishments and 10% wendy's touches like distressing or inking or misting!!! I like to do such scrapping quick and fast esp when I know I have lots to scrap 2) I like that I can add or delete elements........ so cool, right! I didn't know about this till I got a sketch book. 3) I like to see different interpretation of the same sketch. It is like friends buying the same blouse and let's see what accessories you will wear it with. I love such mystery and reveals. Anyway, said too much.. :) Sketch by Anna My take "Sweet" Sketch 148 My take "Blessings"....... Hope this has inspire you to join in! See you soon with my next few sets of sketches I want to take part in. Now, I want you to guess how many sketches will I complete by 23 Oct. I will send a person with a RAK (full of seam binding) if you can guess the correct number of sketches i will use from Pencil Lines. Just to give you a clue: NOw i have completed the 2 above, I am finishing 1 on the way. Hmm..... how many in total will I participate in? I dont know too....... I am just scrapping as I go this week. How fun!!!!

8 comments:

Pearl said...

oh me ! oh my ! so hard to choose a fave between these 2 layouts ,Wendy !!! But the Sweet layout is definitely instantly heart melting with cutey Ellise !!!

& I love your reason#3 for using sketches - I never thought of it from that angle but I will from now on ! woot !

shaggyfish said...

oooh my, that was fast in 2 hours!!
hope you can do as many as possible maybe about 10 LOs... and really your LO is wendy style and touches!

kate blue said...

your layouts are gorgeous and it's so funny that you and I chose the same two to start with!!

Audrey Pettit said...

These are just SO adorable, Wendy! And I'm with you...I'm a sketch girl, too. Love them and love seeing how each person who does the sketch has a different take. Your take on both is fabulous. Already drooled all over the WonderFall page, so now I can add more to the Sweets page. :)
And how fun that you are having a guessing game. If you're working on #3........I'll guess that you get 6 done.

liana suwandi said...

I love your layouts, georgous.

Tomoko said...

OMG! These are beautiful!!! I agree with no.3 too!!!! There are so many inspirations you can get from sketches!!!!!

hugs

Viola Mahr said...

Both of them are beautiful and perfect!!! Love your creations, Wendy!

Hugs,
Viola

Tessa said...

beautiful layouts! (:
i'm guessing that you will complete 6 layouts by the 23rd (: